Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Cards of September and World Card-Making Day

I received this beautiful "just because" card from my blogging friend Sabrina.  She loves to try new techniques and boy, does she get the results!  


Look how she painted, stitched and heated that piece of Tyvek to get that cool background piece. Then she added a beautiful die cut, some dew drops to give the feel of more water, and the beautiful shell.


She even added this little piece which I believe is a Shrinky Dink that reminds me of a beautiful shard of sea glass.


And all of it mounted on this wonderful, bubbly looking background.  Thank you Sabrina!  I absolutely love it!


Here is the card that I made for my mother's birthday.  It had to have butterflies on it.  After I did this I found some subliminal significance in it. There are seven flowers and we were a family of seven.  Five butterflies for her five children.  


The stamp is from a Unity set and I embossed it with white EP and then colored it with my Zig brush markers.  


The embossed sentiment did get lost in the watercolor wash so I took a marker of the same color as the wash and gave the letters some shadow so they would stand out more.  IRL it's much more pronounced.


We had our 39th anniversary last week and I put together this card for HWNSNBP with some die cut swans I had been hoarding and one last sheet of watercolor paper that I was using to experiment with my Brusho's.  


The sequins were a dollar store find.  They had several color family assortments, each individually packaged, 5 or more to a package which of course, you know,  I couldn't pass up getting.  One of each family that is.  I used them on this card to add some sparkle to the water.   


And yesterday, October 1st was World Card-Making Day which I couldn't pass up celebrating by making a few cards.  This one with a new stamp from Unity that I absolutely love.


Again I colored it with my Zig brush markers.


And this one which uses up some scraps that I had on my work table - the mason jar die cut (leftover from my last Jingle Belle card) and some of those flower stickers (leftover from my tag project in early September).  I used another Unity stamp (the fern) with some Versamark ink as a backdrop for the vase of flowers.


I've been trying to get back my mojo for cardmaking which seemed to have taken a vacation for a short while. In the process, I also completed a couple of Paper Pumpkin kits which I may or may not share in the future.  We'll have to see.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and if you're a cardmaker I hope you got some time yesterday (or today) to make some cards to celebrate World Card-Making Day.  



1 comment:

  1. Hurrah, so glad it arrived! Shrink plastic yes...and just after I mailed it, I realised it must have fallen off an old ATC; I suddenly realised it was missing something. Your card for your mother is lovely, and very on trend with the style of cards I have been noticing in shops recently. I love the colours in the swan one, and what a beautiful pair of swans too.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.