Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Dare to Get Dirty - Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Challenges

Well, I'm going to try to do a few of these again this year.  These are the challenges you can participate in if you belong to the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club.  The only rule is that you cannot tell the exactiments of the challenge, you may only use the code of the particular challenge you are entering your card in.  So, some of this may be gibberish, and you may not be able to tell what the challenge is, but I hope you still have fun looking at what I came up with.

I used a new bird stamp that I was gifted by my blogging friend Sabrina - Unity's Welcome to the Hood.  The colors are a little wacky (Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, and Peekaboo Peach) but the card is for a co-worker who wears a lot of these colors. She just had foot surgery (yet again) and I wanted to wish her well.  This is for Lydia's challenge DTGD16UnderstandblueA. Remember, I can't link you to the challenge because you have to be a fan club member to see what's there. 



The next card was created for Dina's challenge DTGD16dini. I used another Unity stamp called Tiny Mountains.  And Lovely Lilac, Lavendar Lace and Almost Amethyst papers and to color my Mountains.  There's a little bit of Bashful Blue in there for the sky too.


There's a story behind the stamp on the next card.  This winter Rachel saw an envelope/piece of trash on the grass in the backyard of her townhouse from her upstairs window, but before she got around to rescuing it, it snowed.  When the snow melted it became visible again and so she went out to fetch it to throw it away.  The name of the recipient had washed away and the package contents were spilling out when she noticed that it was a rubber stamp, and since she could not get it to the rightful owner guess who she gifted it to?  It's Stampingbella's Tiny Towne Sally and Her Snail which I'm using for Susie's challenge DTGD16susieaustralia.  I used Pistachio, Pear Pizzazz, Lovely Lilac, Flirty Flamingo, and Peach cardstock (in addition to the watercolor paper the image is on).  That was die cut with an oval die, the butterflies cut with Memory Box's Dancing Butterfly die. The Leafy Spring Border is also a Memory Box die and the card base was embossed with a butterfly embossing folder. I colored it with my aquapainter and various SU inks.   


The last one - for now - is for Vicki's challenge - DTGD16vdutchr.  It's a one-layer card.  I stamped Unity's Wonderful Gift Stamp (the chipmunk), a sentiment from SU's Painted Petals, and used a stamp from SU's Timeless Textures for the brick wall.  The chipmunk was colored with my aquapainter and a mixture of the same colors that I used on the bricks - Dusty Durango and Delightful Dijon.  


Stay tuned for more.  I'm really having fun in my craft room this week even though I've been so exhausted from work.  Some "monkey wrenches" as my boss puts it, have come up in the last couple of weeks and we're scrambling to get them taken care of as soon as possible for a good start to the school year.  I really can't believe that it's August already!




3 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful . . . I love that chipmunk. I guess you were meant to have Tiny Towne Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute chipmunk - and I love the mix of colours in the wall behind him. Glad you found a use for the bird stamp - I think it's made to be paired with feathers :D. Your colouring on the Stamping Bella one is so soft and pretty, I love it - and your layout with all the foliage.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.