Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Jingle Belles Vintage Christmas

Taking a short break away from my craft room redo on Saturday morning, I managed to coax HWNSNBP to take a drive to Hobby Lobby because I just needed 1 thing.  Seriously, I only needed one little bird to finish a project I started last week and the selection was not what I had hoped for. (Not to mention that I'm sure I have some birds around here that would have been perfectly fine for the project but putting my hands on it would have been near impossible.  And the bird I did find came in a package of three - like I really need the two extra!)

So he helped me pick out the bird and then somehow we got separated.  If it wasn't for the fact that he had the basket, I would have thought that he would have gone out to the car because he did bring the newspaper with him.  Sadly, even though I'm cleaning out my craft room and have become overwhelmed and almost sick to my stomach at the amount of paper that I have accumulated, I did walk down the paper aisle.  I don't go out to Hobby Lobby too often so I wanted to see what their stock was like and that's when I spied this vintagey Christmas paper. The background and the image panel came from two separate sheets.


But I liked the colors and knew there would be something on the image sheet that I could highlight.  I found the Cherry Cobbler netting in my stash as well as the crocheted trim that was a purchase from the dollar spot at Target, um, yeah, well a while ago.  The leaves are from a Sizzix holiday greens die and I used a textured coffee sleeve from Panera.  (Ya never know what you're going to find in my stash!)  Not sure if you can see that I took some gold shimmer paint to the edges of that holly.

And let me just add that when I did find him, he had picked out a couple of things (for the yard) and actually spent more than I did!

Okay, let me mosey on over to the Jingle Belles blog to see all the beautiful vintage creations.


2 comments:

  1. ok, BEST CRAFT STORE STORY EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :) :) :) and well done you for having picked the perfect stuffs for yet another *glorious* card! yowza! thanks for joining our old fashioned holiday fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Where is there a HL in NJ?

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.