Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

We woke up early today to attend a sunrise service on the dock and despite the cold we were blessed with the vision of the sun rising as we celebrated the Son's rising. 






Two little silver rabbits found on one of our journeys.


Some springtime colors and supplies ........... to make .............


(This was what I needed the bird for.  I cut off the sparkly stuff and trimmed down the tail feather.)


And another little Easter project courtesy of Pinterest and A Kailo Chic Life.  A sheet of mosaic tile (about $2), some plastic eggs (about $1), a sharpy, and some E6000 glue and, oh yes, soil.


I had these little broken off pieces of succulents in a bowl on the kitchen counter since the fall - there actually had been many more of them but these little ones were what was left.  I did use all six eggs, just didn't get to photograph them all together.  


We visited my son and daughter-in-law last night along with Rachel.  Today, it was just the three of us at the condo for Easter brunch/breakfast because of the turmoil my craft room project has created here.  But it turned out well as we were able to catch that service and sunrise this morning and after we ate, we headed back home and she back to DE.  

I already feel so much more relaxed than a normal Sunday knowing I don't have to go to work tomorrow.  Hoping to make it a good week.




4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Lorraine! Love your beautiful sky photos... so majestic! Love the gorgeous silver bunnies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful having this Monday off! What a great sunrise and fun projects . . . I love the little succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sunrise...though it does look cold. There's something extra-special about sunrises and sunsets over water, maybe it's the way the reflections change the quality of the light.
    Lovely Easter decor, especially the birdy one...and the lefthand silver rabbit. It reminds me of one of the coins in our old pre-Euro, pre-decimal currency.

    Back to work tomorrow for me, but I hope you really enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.