Friday, April 17, 2015

Jingle Belles - Let There Be Peace on EARTH (Day) II

We're still recycling over at the Jingle Belles blog this week.  The top portion of this card comes from the paper that was covering a box of Godiva chocolates I received for Christmas.  The bow was trimmed from a Starbuck's gift card holder.  


The sparkles are embedded in the paper and have sort of a holographic quality to them.  I put this on a base of Poppy Parade cardstock and embossed the sentiment in gold EP. 

The band of jewels is new however.  I picked that up at the Dollar Tree recently.  I don't usually go for yellow, but for some reason I grabbed the yellow one and I'm glad I did.


I think it goes well with the orangy-redness of the paper.  

So let's revisit the Jingle Belles and see what other recycling beauties have been added this week. And don't be afraid to jump in and try this challenge.  Have you any packing paper, tissue paper, rescued ribbons, cardboard, buttons, bottle caps?  I'm sure you've got some good "stuff" you can repurpose into a Christmas cards to celebrate Earth Day.

4 comments:

  1. You really rock at recycling - half the time I wouldn't know if you didn't say. This is just beautiful, Lorraine! Gorgeous paper - and I bet the chocolates were good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is the word! Love the bling - as if the paper is from a box of chocolates!!! Awesome!
    Congrats on your guest appearance at Jingle Belles!
    Thanks for your visit!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK, i am so sorry i never got here during the earth day event to say THANK YOU for being our lovely guest star and of course you sooooo totally ROCKED the recycling with both your gorgeous cards! yowza, missus! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an incredibly gorgeous and so very elegant. I love that you saved the paper from the chocolates and you were able to incorporate it into this beautiful card. Love the bling too. I think I have some of that same "bling" in my stash. I'm going to go see if I can put my hands on it. .

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.