Yes, that's a mouthful of a title, but when I saw what my friend Michelle had posted on her blog the other day I knew I had to give it a try. She does great video tutorials and this was no exception. She used SU's new Blendabilities markers on a piece of acetate and then spritzed/dripped alcohol onto it and let it dry.
The alcohol treated side is face down on this card and a good thing too, because as Michelle illustrated in her video, I was a bit sloppy stamping my sentiment in Stazon ink on the front so I had to wipe it off (several times I must admit) with a paper towel with alcohol on it before I got it straight. Like Michelle pointed out, should I have done this on the other side, I would have lost the design. I CASed the layout that she used for her demo card. And one thing that I did learn was that transparency film is a little different from acetate. I had a few sheets of transparency film for copy machines and they must be treated with something to get the toner to stick to them and dry quickly. Both the pens and the alcohol itself had no movement on the transparency sheet, so I'm glad I was able to put my hands on a piece of acetate to give this a try.
I used colors from the Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo Blendabilities sets. In contrast I used the challenge that my friend Sabrina posted on Splitcoast on Monday for the Technique Lover's Challenge. She challenged stampers to use the Stamp Etching technique and to add a little sparkle to note the 500th challenge posted. So I stamped my flower on Whisper White, used my Micron pen to add the etching lines and fussy cut it out. The sparkle I added was the three little sequins you see scattered about. In the picture you can barely make out the mini glue dot that I used (on all four corners) to attach the acetate piece to the card base.
And just throwing this in here, my anniversary card to HWNSNBP. We celebrated our 37th anniversary yesterday quietly at home.
I was aiming to have the bird and branch die (Marianne dies) look like a woodcut. Actually, I thought about trying to use the etching technique on the die cut but the subject matter was too small for it to have the correct effect. So I thought this might appear to be etched out of the wood - or carved into it - and stained. Adding the yellow leaves was an afterthought that I kind of wish I had forgotten about! I'm really glad that I added color to them or he might have thought they were lemons! Or maybe he did and just didn't say...................