Friday, June 20, 2014

June Birthdays


I picked up this new embossing folder recently and used it for this card.  Once embossed I used a soft brush and some gold shimmer paint to highlight the raised butterflies.  And you can see there's one little gold die cut butterfly too.  Some organdy ribbon finished it off.


This seaside box card was fun to make and it really doesn't take a lot of time as long as you have the measurements written down somewhere and don't have to search for them.  I sometimes write the directions on the grid paper that I use at my work space and then I sometimes forget what I wrote on the grid paper and either stamp over it or throw the paper away.  Ever do that?  

A teacher came into the office a couple of weeks ago and wanted some transparencies.  I said "Oh you reminded me that I need one of those myself".  And then when I took it out of the package to give to him, I inadvertently said that "I need mine a little stiffer" which gave us both a giggle.  

So what did I use instead of a transparency?  Someone recently gave me a little gift that was in one of those clear plastic packages.  It wasn't really too scratched up as some of them are, so I cut it up into strips to have to use for cards like these that make the stamped images appear as though they're floating.   

I purposely cut down the flaps on the sides and front of the box because I wanted the coral on the base visible.  I was so happy that I had that wavy embossing folder that I used for the flap pieces.  I brayered the ink on the folder first and then ran it through the Big Shot.  The wet ink came out looking a little splotchy which was perfect for the water effect I think.  


Happy Birthday ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.