Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ooops! Feel Better


When we're down in Barnegat I sometimes visit this little stamping store not far from there in Tuckerton - One Little Spark, and earlier this month I read a note that the owner had slipped on ice and broke her ankle pretty badly.  I have a nice selection of stamps from her store, but  most of them are holiday related and I wanted to use one that I had purchased there so I searched my stash and found this cute little panda that had not seen any ink.  

He's stamped in Memento Ink on bristol board and I used my markers and aquapainter to color him. Then I took my birch embossing folder and disguised it as bamboo again.  I inked up the recessed side with Marina Mist ink so there would be a difference in color and after embossing took some more ink and my aquapainter and did some shading along the shoots.  I added Pear Pizzazz ink in the bamboo creases, cut out some strappy leaves and after they were glued on, painted them also.  

I'm afraid it's not going to be too easy for her to get around this winter as we've been having sort of an epic one here with low temps and snow that probably will not be disappearing for weeks.  


We had 8.5 inches of snow last Tuesday evening, the 21st.  Temperatures dropped into the single digits but still there are huge icicles on the house.


HWNSNBP has cleared off a stretch of the stone wall to put out seed for the birds animals.

 

And the day we returned to work (school was closed for a snow day), the temp gauge in the car said it was -1ยบ on the way to work.  

I had put my camera in my bag at the last minute and thought I would try to get a pic of the river if there were no cars behind me that morning.  Well this had to be quick but you see the river is glazed over and the geese are all huddled together on the opposite side probably trying to take advantage of what little warmth they can get from the sun.


More snow is on the way tonight.  I hope you're staying warm where you are.  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you put food out for the...birds :) So sweet! Hope you are staying warm! Love the card you made and how thoughtful to use a stamp you had purchased there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful things with that ef, Lorraine! Even with the card you sent me sitting where I see it every day as a reminder of what can be done, I've failed to make anything I like as well as your backgrounds. And I love that little panda - he filled a gap in my collection last year. Now I just need the perfect koala.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.