Friday, November 1, 2013

Today I am Thankful For...... Day 1

Today I am thankful for electricity.  A year ago we were without power and did not know at the time that we would be for 12 days.  Today a storm went through NJ and there are areas that lost power and are expected to be without into the weekend.  I am so thankful that our area was spared. I still have my 3 rocks under the bed in our room that remind me (sometimes painfully if I accidentally kick one getting in bed) of the measures that we went to to try to stay warm. 

We've talked about getting a whole-house generator but we haven't moved forward with that yet. There have been other projects throughout this year.  Hopefully we're not tempting fate and can this done in the near future.  

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you were not affected by the storm. I can imagine you don't want to go through that again . . . after living through it before. Wonderful idea posting "Today I am Thankful for . . ." Today I am thankful for my home and my husband - We have so many little things that need fixing and it has been getting to me . . . he is spending the day working on those things. Have a wonderful day Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.