Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Anniversary and Pumpkins for the Girls


My son and his beautiful wife just celebrated their first wedding anniversary.  Boy, that year flew by.  Their wedding was on the beach last October and they just returned from an anniversary trip to another beach destination.  Using some of the paper that I had left over from making their wedding invitations, I created this card for them.  My inspiration came again from this card made by Julie Gearinger.  


I got a chance to use my new thinlit die that allows that circle to swing out when you open the card. On the back side (sorry I didn't get a picture) it simply says Happy Anniversary.  

This weekend was one of those golden ones.   That's what I call it when I get to see all of my children.  We got to see Chris and Michelle when they returned from the airport after we had spent the day in Delaware visiting Rachel.


I made these paper pumpkins with sunflowers for Rachel and her two housemates.  Inside there was candy of course.  


The sunflower die is a Susan's Garden die and the box pattern comes from My Scrap Chick.  I printed the pattern onto Pumpkin Pie cs and then stamped the top pieces before cutting it out and putting it together.  I used red-line tape for this to ensure that those curved sides stayed intact.  


Sorry for the blurry pictures.  My goal this week is to get my photo tent set up so I can share some decent photos again.  

It was so good visiting with Rachel this weekend and catching up.  She took us to do a little shopping at Trader Joe's in Wilmington where I bought almost everything "pumpkin" that they had and then we hit her favorite store - Target.  Lunch at Bertucci's Italian restaurant, shoe shopping at DSW and a last stop at JoAnn's Fabrics.  It was so good to see here and spend time with her - I know I said that already, but it really was.  

2 comments:

  1. Is it really a year? Gosh, it certainly has flown past. I think maybe that's age-related - I hope it hasn't gone as fast for your son.
    A beautiful card - you had me looking for Wetlands on eBay after your last one. And the combination of sunflower and pumpkin is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card . . . and so special made out of the paper you used for their invitations. I like the sunflower - pumpkin combination also . . . I think most of the reason I love this time of year is the colors that go along with it. So glad that you got to see all of your kids . . . that does make for a golden weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.