Monday, September 30, 2013

Bag of Sunshine with an Optical Illusion


One of our good friends has recently been fighting off a serious infection and we wanted send him a little sunshine to keep his spirits up.  So I set out to find yellow things to wrap in yellow tissue and put in a yellow bag  with a yellow sunshine stamped card attached.

Some yellow eating utensils (service for four) wrapped in yellow napkins.  Yellow highlighters.  A couple of toys in yellow.  And not pictured were a yellow bag of peanut m&m's, Mr. Goodbars, and Chiclets and Lemonheads in yellow boxes.  

It was fun searching for yellow items and I keep adding to the collection to use if needed in the future.  And let me just say that this was not an original idea of mine.  If you search Pinterest for Bag of Sunshine, you will see several variations and uses for this collection.  


Speaking of sunshine, the sun caused this optical illusion below.  You see the island in the distance appears to be floating.  


The sun was hitting the water in such intenseness and at just the right angle to cause this phenomenon.  We had actually seen it once before but I did not have a camera with me at that time.  This time I did and HWNSNBP pulled over so I could snap a few pictures.  I wasn't sure whether they would come out our not and was pleasantly surprised that they did.  


I just wish I had paid more attention to straightening the horizon.  


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. I was on a hunt one time for green things for a gift package . . . finding stuff is half the fun. Neat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to take more time than I have just now to enjoy your tangles and tea properly. Why does life get so horribly busy? But I had to say how much I love your optical illusion. I'm so glad you were able to capture it this time.
    And I know what wonderful packages you put together, so I am sure your friend was thrilled with his bag of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.