Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dogwood and Pu**ywillows

I saw this card by Kecia Waters on Pinterest and fell in love with the Pu**ywillow stamp immediately.  It is by Repeat Impressions.  (If you're wondering why I added asterisks to the word, it is just to avoid being spammed.  I'm already getting too many anonymous comments on a daily basis that are bogus, I just don't want to stir up any more.)  I tried the out-of-the-box die cutting like she did on her card with no success, so I did it my way.  


I remembered that I had a single Pu**ywillow stamp from Picture Show and used that on the card base.  Both of the stamps were stamped in Basic Gray ink and then colored with my Prismacolor pencils. Don't you love the way they pop on the Crumb Cake paper!  I didn't use any blending agent, just the pencils themselves.  

The card was looking a little in need of something and I just happened to have my dogwood blossoms sitting there on the table.  I think the addition of the dogwood makes it look very Springy.  


I was able to order the liquid paper to add the dimensional "dots" to the stamens - makes it a bit more realistic, don't you think?  Ha, I've got cats and dogs on the same card!  

I splurged a bit and ordered some more of the flower dies that I hope to be playing around with some this weekend.  Forsythia and mini lilies.  

And let me share the Zentangle from Monday which just happens to be called Dugwud - a play on....... you guessed it.  Right?  Not a great picture, but if you click on it, you will see the pattern a little clearer.


With a quote from Anne Morrow Lindbergh - "After all, I don't see why I am always asking for private, individual, selfish miracles when every year there are miracles like white dogwood."  

The pink dogwood outside the office window is in full bloom and I have to remember to get some close-ups of those blossoms so I can try to make some of those too.

I've finished up April's tangles in my calendar book but I'll save that for another day.  

2 comments:

  1. I'll be back to comment on your previous post - holiday weekend coming up here and we've managed to keep it pretty free so it really should be a break.
    What a charming and delightful and FUN stamp. I can remember having a set of notecards when I was little with a similar take, and I think I kept the last one for years.
    Liquid Paper - sounds interesting and looks perfect on the stamens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Lindbergh quote -- so inspiring. I should blog more often about what other people say; it's so much more interesting and eloquent than what I say!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.