Thursday, January 24, 2013

Second Sympathy


One of our friends recently lost his mother.  We didn't know her well but we do remember seeing her a number of times at their house when they used to live down the street from us.  These colors reminded me somewhat of their house back then.  They had a beautiful rock garden there and the yard was always blossoming something.  

Colors are Calypso Coral and Gumball Green.  The stamps used are from 3 different sets, Papaya Collage, Summer Silhouettes and Warmest Regards (retired).  The butterfly was stamped in Basic Gray ink and I used my aquapainter and Calypso Coral ink to color it.  The stamp actually has a gap between the wings and no body, so I created one with my Basic Gray marker and then cut the whole thing out.  The edging is one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders and the circle of coral is embossed with a motif from the other of that set.  I used ruffled ribbon and some bakers twine in the same hue.  

I can see that I really need to get that photo tent up soon.  This is/was so much prettier IRL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.