Sunday, November 18, 2012

Birds, Bag, and Tag

 

We wanted to say thank you to a few people who helped us out during our wait for power and I had colored these leaf images with the bird that I thought would be perfect for a fall thank you.  I used the Top Note die to create a gift card holder.   It is really easy. You start with a sheet of 8.5 x 11 sheet of cs and trim it to 5.5" longways.   Then score that in the middle at 5.5 and again at the 3.5 and 7 inch marks.  Fold it so the pocket will be on the inside and carefully place the piece onto the die so that the top will be straight across.  Once die cut, use a punch or a die to make an opening in the pocket portion and then some red tape to keep the top seam closed.  


And I promised to show you the goody bags that I added my punched pumpkins to.......


The bag included a small can of orange soda, a snack size bag of microwave popcorn, a pumpkin spice tea bay and some candy that I managed no to eat during our power outage.  Oh, and the punched pumpkins too.

Those tags were kind of a last minute addition.  I had just planned on tying them at the top, but they needed just a little bit more.  I stamped the fall bird wreath in VersaMark on orange cs and embossed with espresso ep.  Did the same on Daffodil cs but punched out the center bird and then popped that up on the wreath.  I daubered the edge with some more Early Espresso.  Not wanting to just punch a hole in the top of that I die cut some of the smaller tags from Two Tags in Cajun Craze.  Then I really wanted to add some texture but would you believe I do not have any burlap hanging around here!  So I took a piece of Crumb Cake and embossed it and tore the edge.  


I was really pleased with these and since this stamp set has a wreath for each of the four seasons you can bet that I will be doing this for them all.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine! I love your little goodie bags, how cute!
    Love the colours (yes, we spell that word differently to you!)on your leaf die cut!
    So glad to see the hurricane has not blown away your creativity!
    Sunshine, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to come back and comment on this - you know I would be bound to love that bird and leaf image you used on the gift-card holder. What stamp company is it? DH was very taken with the idea of having it on the leaf shape, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those gift card holders - especially with the seam binding on the front! The bookmarks are adorable as well!!!!! You inspire me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.