Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birthday Past - July, Oh My!

It's really not that I forgot about this, it's that I just was able to finally deliver it with a gift to my lovely cousin who was quarantined this summer with a bad case of the shingles and then August just blew by us.  But anyhoo, here's the card that I made her - she loves pink!


I used some new and old products and tools on this.  The scalloped edge was created using the Adorning Accents edgelits from SU.  Then I used markers to color the viney stamp from Flowering Flourishes and stamped it twice connecting the vines at the left.  The green marker I used on the stamp was a lighter one so I took a darker green and added in highlights.  You can see that I did this with the large "berries" also.

Into the centers of the flowers went some sticky pearls.  And then I punched out some ferny looking leaves in various scraps of neutrals to make the bird's nest.  

I stamped one of the images from Floral Fillers and colored some of the leaves and flowers with markers and then used the bird punch to punch out the bird's body and wing.  Before I popped up that wing I took a dauber and some green ink and swiped the edges of the bird to define the shape some more.  


Hmmm, this bird and nest might make a cute pin.........

After a very trying first week of school, we were able to meet at our favorite tea room and had we not been so engrossed in catching up, I would have taken pictures of the food presentation which is always perfect.  Well, trust me to say that it was delicious and the company was wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. OOHHHHHH!!!!! This is gorgeous Lorraine!!!!! What wonderful eye candy!!!!! I love the color combo, the images and that gorgeous bird!!!! She has to LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very pretty and feminine - I am sure she loved this. And I'm sure after the summer that she had, that your visit to the tea-room and a chance to catch up with everything. The nest you created is fabulous - so twiggy looking!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.