Wednesday, August 22, 2012

JB12:17 - Oh Christmas Sketch



This is the sketch that the lovely Stephanie put together for this challenge.  Pretty cool, eh!  Oh, the possibilities!

Well, I just got a new Cottage Cutz die that I fell in love with when I saw a creation by Pat Smethers recently.  The trees with the woven trunks are what I really wanted and paired with this Christmas Tree paper I think it works pretty well.


I also used the log and the bunny that came with the die. 


I know, no sentiment, but doesn't it say Merry Christmas with all those trees?

2 comments:

  1. i kind of like that it *doesn't* specifically say "merry christmas" and all those trees-- and the cute bunny!-- could be just sort of festive and wintery! :) because you always need a few NON-xmas holiday cards... and then some thank you notes and things, right?!

    actually i love EVERYTHING about this lovely card, from the aforementioned gorgeous trees to the background paper to... well the WHOLE THING! ♥ lovely and clever, missus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it does totally say Christmas. And then, there are sometimes people you don't want to send a Merry or Happy message to. Well, I certainly didn't want to put anything like on cards for my dad for the first couple of years after my mum died, or I'd hear all about how could he possibly have a "happy" Christmas. The trees ARE gorgeous, but I think it would be the rabbit and log that I'd have got the die for! Did you see that they have a fabulous sandpiper one? I'm wondering how I could possibly justify getting it...

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.