Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pigs Gone Postal

Six little piggies are making their way to new homes in New Zealand, Ireland, California, North Carolina, Connecticut, and New Jersey.


Last night I turned some previously used boxes that I had collected from various sources inside-out, stamped and colored the pigs on them, and then reglued the joint.  It was therapeutic AND fun!

Then I took to packing them.  My apologies to the ladies because I had to use crumpled newspaper as filler as we are away for the weekend and I forgot my packing paper/popcorn.  Had to  make do to get them going.  Some of them have a very long journey.


HWNSNBP - sometimes otherwise known as my Boxman - became my Boxman again today helping me get these posted.  I think it would have been a pretty funny sight seeing me try to balance 6 boxes all stamped with pigs.  Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about that!

If you haven't seen my post about the Pigs on Parade you can find it here.  And..... as luck would have it, I found two more pigs (without recipe boxes though), so if anyone else is interested in playing along, e-mail me or leave a comment here.   I'll do my best to get them to you as soon as possible.

7 comments:

  1. Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!!!!! I would LOVE a piggie to decorate for your Pigs On Parade Lorraine!!!!! So sorry I haven't caught up on your blog sooner! Hope I didn't miss the opportunity to help you celebrate your blogiversary!!!!!! ps...I think I have some wings for my piggie to fly with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a wee little clear piggy with wee little clear wings sitting on the vanity in the bathroom. The only complaint I hear is from Joe when it's his turn to clean the bathroom. I mean...how hard is it to move a one inch pig? But I love it and it shall remain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would have been an even funnier sight to see your DH trying to balance all six boxes himself, :D.
    I've been thinking about how I want to do this, I'd better get into gear and go and get the materials I need one day this week so I'm all ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO clever, Lorraine! I love your flying piggies and love the fact that you turned the boxes inside out and reused!! I'm inspired!
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. These boxes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine arrived yesterday! The packing is so cute!!!!! Thanks for the goodies too....can't wait to work on it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.