Thursday, January 5, 2012

Teapot Tuesday 179


I seem to have lost all track of time already this year.  Yikes!  It's Thursday already!  We're starting another year of teapot challenges and there seems to be a neverending supply of beautiful teapots to inspire us.  If you would like to read about the challenge, and you should if you have the time, please click here to check out Cindy's story for this week.  In it she asks us to use teal and flowers, angels and hearts.  Well, I guess I stopped reading after flowers, because unfortunately you won't find any angels or hearts on this card. 


There's plenty of teal though and enough flowers, I think.  The flowers were stamped in VersaMark on glossy white cs and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I then took a couple of drops of water and added a drop of teal ink and swiped my paintbrush over the flowers allowing the watered down ink to sink into the paper nicely.  I then did the same with the leaf image and Garden Green ink.  It was easy to cut around the embossing to get both those images by themselves. 

The base is Island Indigo cs as is the ribbon.  There's a layer of Certainly Celery and the circles in the background are also of that color.  They were punched and then crumpled up to give them some texture.  I snuck them in behind the ribbons then I popped up the flowers and added the leaves.

I took a peak at the gallery and there are some real beauties over there.  This I'm afraid, is going to be rather harsh compared to some of the lighter and softer cards I've seen.  I think I need to find my Teapot Tuesday rhythm again!  Oh, and if you look at the ribbons just right, you might see how the pattern forms a couple of hearts.  Kind of reminds me of our garden gate. 

2 comments:

  1. That lattice is a fabulous take on the clean design of the teapot. And while I shy away from it personally, I always love the look of white embossing. Nothing at all harsh about this with the ribbon for the lattice and the white embossing giving a light feel to it.
    Love your gate!! I see snow, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I could look at your garden gate all day! 'Love the teal!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.