Monday, October 31, 2011

Catchin' Up


One of our staff members lost her father recently and although we send around a card for everyone to sign I wanted to send a personal one.  I guess these colors have been hanging around my work table along with the leaves that I had intended to use in another project that went by the wayside.  The base is Pear Pizzazz and the panel is Soft Suede.  I used the tree image from Thoughts and Prayers and stamped it minus the trunk on the top in VersaMark.  The lattice is Sahara Sand and I used the leftover pieces as the trim on the side of the suede panel.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the leaves from French Foliage. 

This next card is for the Teapot Queen who also has a thing for cowboys.  Not having a cowboy to wish her a happy birthday (LATE - my bad) I used this new stamp that I picked up at a garage sale this summer.  It was in a bunch of unmounted rubber stamps that were only a quarter a piece! 


She's stamped in Stazon and then I used my blender pen to add the color to her dress.  I masked her out to sponge on the background. 


Had to make her a blonde.  I think she fits for a Halloween posting also, don't you!

2 comments:

  1. That cow is just hilarious!! You'll have to send Curt a card for him to use as a pin-up girl. Love your leaves, too. It's been wet here so they're just all soggy in real life; yours are lovely and crisp and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves sympathy card is really pretty and that cow is a hoot! :D Happy Halloween, Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.