Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 163

This looks like something I would have in my possession, but alas, it is not.  It is, however, the inspiration for this week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge.  And.... you should check out the story HERE.


Cindy has a keen eye and she knows how to weave a story and if you look at this little snatch of a tea set those motifs do appear to resemble tattoos.  So, to make a long story short, tattoos were on tap for this week.  Oh, and we get extra cookies if we use the colors pink and blue.

Can I say that I love my card this week?  It uses just one set - Creative Elements and it came out so much better than what I had pictured in my head. 


Believe it or not, I have actually designed a tattoo.  My daughter got a tattoo on her back at her belt line when she turned 18.  Yes, I know some of you out there are anti-tat, well, while I wasn't thrilled at the fact, I was relieved that it wasn't something that was going to be highly visible.  It was small and tasteful and for the most part hidden. 


A couple of years after that she wanted to add to it and asked me to design the addition.  It took awhile for me to wrap my creativity into that, but I did and she got it done.  Do I have a picture to show you?  Sorry, no.  Maybe the next time she visits.


Marina Mist is my Blue and I have used Pink Pirouette cs and Regal Rose ink for my pink.  The strappy looking images are stamped in Night of Navy.  The flourish is a line art image which I colored with my Marina Mist marker.  Then, look carefully for all those little sticky pearls. I'm going to make another one of these. Yes I am. 

I'll be visiting the gallery tonight.  Join me here.

2 comments:

  1. I so love this card Lorraine! I so love it! Don't ya love it when you have a card in mind and it comes to life being something you are so pleased with?

    I love that flourish buckle lookin' thingy..I suppose its a punch of some sort! It rocks with the brad...

    Thanks for playing along and always having nice things to say about Teapot Tuesday! I am so glad you are a teapotter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is certainly beautiful. How satisfying to have it translate to paper even better than you visualised - that's rare. I'm happy if it just turns out as good as I hoped.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.