Monday, July 25, 2011

Spool Cards


On Page 106 in the new SU Catty there was a sample of a little card in the shape of a spool that I thought would be good for sending shares of ribbon or twine to someone on.  I looked high and low but could not seem to find a pattern but then I realized that the packaging for SU's linen thread would do just by cutting off the larger top and making the top and bottom equal in size.  So that's what I used for my pattern here. 

I used some dsp on the front and decorated it with ribbon and a tag, but you could actually just stamp the base with a flower or some other motif and then wrap your share around the front.  My share will be going inside because it's a secret right now. 


The little floral motif I used is from Tiny Tags.... and so are the tags which are stamped on both sides of the tag.  I used my SU markers to color them both.  I would have gotten a little more elaborate with these but I had about 10 of them to do.  The cards themselves are about 2 3/4" tall and just a little bit wider. 

Time to get these surprises in the mail! 

4 comments:

  1. So cute. I think I'll copy you and try to make a full size card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are soooo cute! Love them to bits! What a great idea:)
    Glad my birdcage cards made you smile! Thank you for all your lovely comments on my bolg!
    Have a great day!
    Sunshine NZ
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea. I wish real cotton reels were as pretty - makes me nostalgic for the old wooden ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an idea I just had!! I've got a reel of very skinny ribbon that I've always ended up just staring at...

    I can literally wrap the skinny ribbon around and around the "spool" and send it looking like real thread! (and use up that ribbon that is useless)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.