Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25 - Growing

7-25 growing by lorrainemastalski
7-25 growing, a photo by lorrainemastalski on Flickr.

Yes, this picture was taken today but not in our yard. HWNSNBP and I got permission to put up a bluebird house in the front circle at the school. Earlier in the spring we had bluebirds that were interested but they didn't choose to nest there at that time. Instead there was a clutch of tree swallows.

Suprisingly, the bluebirds came back and about a week-and-a-half ago HWNSNBP checked the box while he was dropping something off for me and found 4 eggs.

Mrs. Blue was in the box when I tapped on it this morning to let her know that I was there. She flew off and I got this picture. I think if you look carefully at the egg at 9 o'clock it just might be cracking. I will attempt to keep monitoring on a more regular basis.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, that's so much later than yours! Is it normal for them to breed this late in the year? I think I remember you saying that they might lay two clutches. And I suppose as your weather has been a bit haywire of late, just like ours, maybe that affects things too. I just heard on the news yesterday that the domestic UK apple harvest has started a whole two months earlier than normal this year. I hope you get to see some little baby blues to brighten up your summer work-days.
    p.s., the little wild pansies were always heartsease to me; I'd never heard Johnny Jump Up till I came across it in one of my flower embroidery books, which is by an Australian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this----our bluebirds are regular visitors but I have never looked in their box to see if they had a second laying! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching your photo challenge and I am so impressed! One of these days I will try one as well! Where did you find the challenge to follow?? Thanks for your daily inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.