Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jingle Belles 28 - Holiday Leftovers


As you might be able to tell from the title, the prompt for this week was to use leftovers (aren't these ladies clever with their prompts!).  Well, there is no shortage of leftovers here in the Stamp Sauna (which the Stamp Castle has been renamed for the duration of the summer or until I get HWNSNBP to commit to an air-conditioner!). 

I dug through my scrap box hoping to find something that had been punched, stamped, colored, or whatever, and boy did I get lucky.  I found something that had been stamped, colored AND punched.  So then I dug through the pile of Christmas dsp that I have accumulated and came up with a scrap that I punched my squares out of.  Put them onto the red scallop die cut background, and put that on a base of Soft Suede cs.  The ornament blended in too much just on top of the squares, so I trimmed down a paper doily to put behind it. 

Then I checked the ribbon scrap jar that I have and found what I needed there for the bow and the hanger.  The last touch was the little cardinal.  I had some of them stamped on a strip of white cs so I cut one of them out to add to this card.

Fun challenge!  I'm going over now to see how much fun everyone else had with this - you can check for yourself by clicking here.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. My address is 4... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WOW, this is ♥GORGEOUS♥!!! i do not think that anyone would guess this is entirely made of scraps and leftovers, but it's EVEN MORE impressive that is true! totally flat-out BEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!! ♥!

    and now, if i may, a small holiday un-related ps:

    dear HWNSNBP,

    miss lorraine needs some A/C ASAP... unless you want to replace ALL her embossing powder and display the molten lumps of the old stuff as "modern art" in your living room.
    xo~lauren ♥♥♥

    (any help??!?!)
    (i'm HERE for ya, jingle belle!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my first card last night. Only took three hours and lots of getting up and down and wondering "WHERE was that packed away when we left Indiana."

    I will come back Friday just to remind you to come to my blog and see it. I'll post it then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, you rocked the scraps for sure ... and I love that tiny little cardinal ... and how you did your ribbon at the top ... I too vote *** AIR CONDITIONING *** I grew-up without it and refuse to be without now ... hope that helps ... so glad you sweated it out in the sauna and joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you certainly rocked this challenge, Miss Lorraine! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! I agree with the others - you'd never guess this is made up of leftovers - really gorgeous. the bauble is gorgeous and the little bow at the top is the perfect pretty addition. Great colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ornament - I love the little bow and cardinal.
    Part of my purge last week was putting most of my tin of pre-cut dies and such-like into a bag I am planning to FreeCycle as soon as I purge some old cardstock too. But it's certainly always a fun challenge to create with what's on the desk.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.