Monday, May 23, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 147


We have gone from the beach last week right into the drink!  The realm of Neptune.  The undersea world.  However you want to spin it, and Cindy certainly can, we are partying with the fishes this week. 

I had a minor procedure today - a shot of cortisone in my lower back to hopefully help with the numbness I've been having in my leg - anyway, it was the kind of thing that keeps you out of work for the day so I was able to sit quietly and visit some of my favorite internet places. 

One of them is a site called One Pretty Thing.  They post daily links with a theme, and I love that they have pictures with the links.  I happened to see a Father's Day post that I thought would work well for this challenge. 

You see, this week our Destination Station is a young man of 10 who loves fishing and he is going to be the Grand Marshal or head Pooba or something of his local Strawberry Festival.  So we were baited, uh, asked to see if we could get those two things to fit together somehow. 

There was a post on One Pretty Thing that showed a Father's Day Card - you can find it here - and I decided to use the Strawberry as the bait for the fish.


I used my Twinkling H20's on the fish (thanks Sabrina for reminding me about these).  I sponged some Bashful Blue on the white bristol board card base for the sky.  The waves are scraps of shades of blue cs that I used one of the oval punches on to make waves.  The strawberry comes from Tart & Tangy and is hanging on a hook I cut out of a piece of an aluminum tray.  The fishing line is just drawn in.  The sentiment is handwritten with white gel pen and highlighted with White Craft ink.

Here's a close up of the fish.


Last week I had been playing around with some leftover polished stone paper I had lying around.  I happened to have stamped these fish from Inkadinkado's Patterned Pets in Black Stazon and then put the piece aside.   And when I was cleaning off my workspace I found the leftover piece from Riot of Petals that looked very much like some seaweed at the moment.  I decided to use my Shimmer paints on the fish and put this together. 


Here are the fish close up.


My fisherman actually got to cast away this Saturday.  He sent me this picture from his cell phone.  I'm pretty sure that this was before the fish pulled the pole out of the pole holder while he was using his second pole causing him to make a mad dash to rescue it from the drink.  The realm of Neptune.  The undersea world..



Let's go visit the gallery

2 comments:

  1. Love this photo, it speaks volumes to me!
    Well done Lorraine:-)
    Sunshine NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to come back yesterday and leave a comment here - but we went for a walk in the park and then I got busy, and when I remembered again I'd just closed the laptop down. You know already I like those fish cards - using the flower for an anemone is so imaginative and absolutely perfect.
    That beach photo - I would love to be there. Maybe not fishing, that has never appealed to me much, but just sitting listening, or walking along. We don't have too many sandy beaches like that here.
    I hope the cortisone injection helps relieve the inflammation and numbness. Soon!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.