Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jingle Belles 21 - Lavendar Inspiration Christmas and Birthday

Our Guest Hostess this week is Amanda Profumo.  Amanda found a design board at Paper Doll Romance she loved and shared it with us for this week's challenge. 


I used some retired Lavendar Lace and Lovely Lilac cardstock along with a cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and a MS snoflake punch to create this card.  I'm thinking I might add some ribbon at the top, maybe organza or silver. 


The sentiment is from Four the Holidays and it's embossed in White EP.


So much of this color going on even in nature now.  On our way back from the Great Swamp Nursery you could see lot's of flag irises growing in the trenches alongside the road we travel through the swamp. 


Since I had those colors still out, and my friend's birthday was coming up and it's one of her favorite colors, I took the inspiration from the flowers to make her a birthday card.


I used the SU's new floral embossing folder and the sentiment from a recent hostess set I believe.  The flower centers are MS micro beads.  I'm just hoping that that ribbon stays put.  It's been so damp and rainy here it kept popping off so I hit it with the heat gun just to try to make sure.  Let's hope I'm not embarrassed by loose ribbon!

Okay, now let's go check out the Jingle Belles.

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are wonderful! I'm so glad you were inspired to make a birthday card too! Your JB card is fab- I love the snowflakes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like soft purples like that for Christmas - and the soft white sponging on your snowflakes.
    I'm not sure that we get purple flag iris like that here; plenty of purple ones in gardens for sure, but on the whole the wild ones tend to be yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that is such a gorgeous Christmas card (and birthday card too). The embossed cardstock and the snowflake punches are just wonderful. Great, rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, i *LOVE* your "visions of sugarplums" card... and then how brilliant to use the leftovers for an equally beautiful but completely different birthday card, too! so, so, sooooooooo *FABULOUS*!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both! Your snowflake border is absolutely splendid! And using only a portion of the embossed CB folder really makes it "pop"! So pretty.

    Love that b-day card, too! Have never seen that embossing folder before, but that's beautiful! The recipient will be thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous showcase of plum ... love both of your cards and the pretty flowers ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your snowflake card just the way it is! Both cards are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.