Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jingle Belles 19


Our challenge this week was "Spirit of Christmas Past"  which translates to "vintage".  I had printed off this vintage image from http://www.vintageimagecraft.com/ some time ago and had it pinned to the wall in the stamp castle.  Luckily I remembered it was there and trimmed it up to use for the challenge this week. 

I used a More Mustard card base with a layer of Cherry Cobbler under the BasicGrey Wassail dsp.  The trimmed print was given a Chantilly lace ruffle and some Champagne glass glitter.  The Cherry Cobbler Shapeability label was stamped with "Merry Christmas" from Four the Holidays and embossed with gold EP.  I used Always Artichoke seam binding for the bows.

I have to tell you that HWNSNBP was impressed with this one - must be the glitter or something.   He said it looks like an old-fashioned card and even though the terminology wasn't quite right, I knew I hit the mark with vintage.

So let's go see the other vintage creations.  Click here.

4 comments:

  1. He was right :) You totally nailed the challenge! I love that image and the lace and glitter around it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes indeedy, i'm going to have to back the hubs 100% here in his assessment of this amazingly ♥FAB♥ bit of vintage goodness! i loveLOVElove that image... and you have given it alllll the right touches to make a completely splendid card! ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he seems to know his stuff! this is great. I love that you used a round image and bordered it with lace and all that scrumptious glitter. lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! The glitter is just the right touch to set off that amazing image. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.