Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 136


It's a dance party this week.  We're dancing and having fun and thanking Roxie for all her continual efforts each week in coming up with sketch challenges on SCS.  On Wednesday she will be posting her 323rd sketch and in honor of that and using sketch SC40


Here is my card for Roxie..............


If I were to give it a dance name, I'd call it the Viral Spiral for the black spirals and the spiral roses.  The roses are made using the spiral on the Table Setting die.  I found a good tutorial using another company die, but the directions to make the rosette would be the same even if you cut out your own spiral from a large circle. 


The rosettes are Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, and Pink Pirouette and spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer.  (Can you see the shimmer in the picture?)  The black spirals were punched from a little spiral punch I got eons ago, and all the dots, black and white, are drawn on.  Additionally, I added some crinkled Baja Breeze seam binding behind the rosettes and the sentiment from Celebrate Something punched out with the Word Window punch. 

So all that said, let's sashay over to the gallery to see what other partying is going on!

1 comment:

  1. Viral Spiral..I cracked up at that. your card is perfect for the sketch you chose. I love those beautiful rolled flowers.. Great job sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.