Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Saturday we went to the Philadelphia Flower Show and I'll have pictures to share soon once I can glean through the many that I took.  Before we left Philly we crossed the street from the convention center and went into the Reading Terminal Market to pick up some minty shamrocks at one of the candy booths. 

Now the question was how to package them up, a green and a white one, to share on St. Patrick's Day.  Luckily I came across a Friday Freebie from MeGa Stampin Studio.  So I (also in this instance known as Princess Origami) went to work.


I cut out a 6 x 6 square of Garden Green cs.  Did all the folds and stamped my little shamrocks for the fronts, then I changed up the closure a little.


 Instead of having the closure fold over the front and stick together with velcro, I trimmed it up and made a tab.


 Once you squish all the folds up (with your surprise inside of course) you can take the tab.....


 and slide it in between the last fold and then.....


push it all the way in


 so it makes this cool little triangular box.


 The twine here is strictly decorative - its not holding anything closed.


Here are some pictures of the display at the flower show from the Ireland Travel Board.



I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!  We are going into the city tonight to see Celtic Woman with our friends.  It should be a very enjoyable evening.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little treat holder - I must check that out. Not so much to hold anything I have in mind, but C is a sucker for little folder boxes. Definitely a very Irish looking stand with the dolmen and stone cross. There's an exhibition of replicas of stone crosses in a museum across the road from work. I really must go before it ends - but the problem is that after work I really just want to go home.
    They could have done with running a grammar check on that Primrose placard, though!
    Hope you have a great evening out.
    I forgot to say that that cranberry cake sounds interesting, I'll definitely be giving that a try some time soon.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.