Monday, February 28, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 135


We've got a sports theme going this week.  To get the whole story, click here.  Our destination is a young man who is recovering from severe burns he sustained around Thanksgiving.   He loves sports - all sports, thus the sporty teapot.

Here is my contribution to the challenge.


I was going through some papers and found this sports motif in a pile of wallpaper border samples that I found a long time ago.  I think I was going to use them as bookmarks, but this one works well for the challenge this week. 

I added the words Sports Fan in ticket form using Rough Type.  The tickets were cut from More Mustard cs and I added the lines in the same color.  The letters were stamped on with Close to Cocoa ink and then I also daubered the edges in the same color.  I don't honestly know if I'd be playing along this week had I not found the motif. 

So let's take a look at the rest of the gallery.

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you would have been thinking bookmarks, but it was certainly perfect for the theme this week. Like you I thought I might have been sitting in the stands this week. It seems a bit much to have a sports stamp on hand just for possible Tuesday emergencies, but I think there's a Penny Black one of hedgehogs playing tennis that I will consider at some stage. I gave away my little baseball-kitten when I'd used it every way I could think of for my nephew over several years.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.