Monday, January 24, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 130

Babies!  Babies!  That's right babies.  Two of them.  Twins as a matter of fact.  A boy and a girl.  Fellow teapotter Patricia, aka Kokirose, is a grandma to two brandy new babies - Austin and Sydney.  Cindy found these two gorgeous teapot lamps as our inspiration and of course she penned a fantabulous story 



I'd love to have either one of them.  Don't you just love the chenille lampshades with the pompoms? 

So, babies need to be kept warm right?  And not with tea from these teapots, but maybe a quilt inspired by all the patterns.  (Oh, and we get extra points for doing two of something and extra, extra points for throwing in a monkey - you'll have to read the story to understand why.)



The two butterflies are first stamped with Punch Potpourri and then punched.  They have pearly bodies.  The sentiments come from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and the monkey is from Zoofari.  I used 6 different dsp patterns to make the quilt, first cutting 1" squares then running them through my Xyron to make them sticky enough to lay them down on a piece of copy paper to form my quilt.  After I added the Certain Celery faux quilting stitches, I ran this through the Big Shot with the Top Note die.  I trimmed the perforated edge away so I could make a Certainly Celery border.  The pink and blue strips were embossed with a woodgrain folder - it's supposed to look a little like the chenille lampshades.

I have a bunch more of the inch squares set aside for some baby cards I'm going to need later this spring, though not any more twins!

Let's go check out the teapot gallery and see what else is cooking.  Oh, and congratulations Patricia and God Bless your family!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!! I need to try a quilting look - I always love what they look like

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.