Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 126


Gotta red hat?  You'll need it for the party this week.  Check out Cindy's wacky story here.  We're supposed to bring a hat - a red hat and some purple and some wallpaper, well, something like that. 

I had good intentions to use this stamp before the holidays but never got around to it and wasn't it lucky that this little girl is wearing a hat and I can make it any color I choose.  So, I decided she would wear a red hat and coat and her scarf, mittens and leggings would be Rich Razzleberry.  She looks quite comfy I think.



I tried to pair the vintage type image with some vintage type trims - the lace, the seam binding, and the paper.  I was going to add some glitter but decided against that. 

The seam binding was four lengths of two different colors that I just tied one on top of the other and then trimmed the ends to a point.  The green and red leaves on the image and in the corner were punched from the 2-step bird punch.  I used my ink pads and an aquapainter to color the image on watercolor paper then I punched it out with the 2 3/8" scallop punch and layered it on a punched circle of Cherry Cobbler cs.

The sentiment is from Teeny, Tiny Wishes and trimmed into a little banner.  This card's destination is to a lady who is a redhatter and she's having a rough time, so I just wanted to let her know that we're thinking of her.

Now, why don't you join me in the gallery.

1 comment:

  1. love this! it is perfect! Always love your teapots! and I have had many cups today!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.