Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 125

What would you do with a blank canvas? 

Imagine just that - you are going to decorate your canvas anyway you want.  I started with a scrap of watercolor paper, my aquapainter and three ink pads - Real Red, Green Galore, and Marigold Morning and working from memory here is my finished still life.


I usually go for the pink poinsettia when I buy one, but HWNSNBP chose a red one for us this year (another one of his deals at $.99!).  Although this flower was colored with Real Red ink I didn't lay on the color so I could have my pink poinsettia anyway. 


This was a fun challenge this week and if it weren't the week before Christmas I would probably find this very relaxing. 

Gotta run and get some more cards done - anyone out there ready for the holidays?  I wish I could say I was!

1 comment:

  1. I said in my comment that I thought the red ones were brash - I don't think I've seen pink here, just white or red. I'd go for pink too :D.
    I had a lovely card from Barbara - thank her for me, I wasn't expecting a reply and really appreciated it. She mentioned she was doing easy piano songs as rehab; I'll try to make a card using my Penny Black mice on the piano over the holidays for her.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.