Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Punched Penguins

One penguin.

Four penguins.


Thirty penguins......

became 30 cards.

Found this cute guy on Kay Sha's Creations on Paper and used them to make a set of cards for Rachel to use for the holidays.  Punch, punch, punch I did and embossed the hat and earmuffs and card fronts.  Thank goodness for my Xyron Sticker maker which helped with those eye slivers.  A little sponging on the beak before gluing together and then creation via assembly line. 

The final step was to add the Happy Holidays banner.  Want to know an easy way to trim those banner edges into points?  Get a square punch - size doesn't really matter.  Feed the end of the strip into the punch corner as below (sorry for the blurry pics).


And you get a crisp and neat end.


3 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I'm so glad I just finished my Christmas cards otherwise I might have to CASE these. Love those punched penguins - total cuteness! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I am always amazed at the punch art people create! and thanks for the tip on the banner....I have always wondered if there was a better way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just perfect! You cased it very well. You made alot too for your tree! SOOOO cute!!! I'm glad to be your enabler on this project. BTW, thanks for the link too. Hugs, Kay. http://creationsonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.