Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Wishes and Projects


I loved this turkey when I saw it on LeAnne's blog.  I changed it up just a little using an oval instead of circle for the body and I can see now that I should have sponged the edges like she did, but I think it's cute so I made a quartet of them.

Then I set about making some pumpkin fudge.  Oh what a roller coaster trip it was this past weekend trying to clean my kitchen to get ready for Thanksgiving and Pierogie Day and get some baking done for the Cookie Walk (post to follow soon).  And I decided to throw making fudge in there!  But I had picked up these cute little dishes at the Christmas Tree Shop for $cheap and I had fudge in mind for them.



The last touch was to wrap and add the turkey.  I just slid him under the ribbon (another clearance find item I wish I'd gotten more of).


They went to a couple of friends and the Autumn Boxes below I filled with fall M&M's, coated sunflower seeds, and chocolate covered cranberries went in other directions and will also be on the table for the girls at dinner today.


So with the turkey in the oven and this post finished let me wish you a Happy Thanksgiving wherever you are.  I am grateful for my family and my friends, both near and far.  Your love and support is what it's all about. 

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine these projects are absolutely precious!! The recipient`s will be thrilled with them I am sure. And pumpkin fudge sounds so yummy! Hoping you and yours have a very special and happy day!! Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.