Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 118

 

This week we've got a challenge that is based on this beautiful teapot Cindy received from her sister for her birthday last month.  There is something about black and white that is just so clean and classic and this teapot is no exception.  She's got another kooky story going but in the end she asks us to use a card base of black and white and then add some hodge podge............ and that can be anything, even some color.

I recently saw a card that used this fold and I'm going to show you three pictures so you can see what I mean.  It's actually only the front panel folded in half forward.......



Then I added a panel in white that was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I took some of the rhinestones out of some round fire brads and added them to that panel along with a bow made from some black striped wide grosgrain and some Daffodil Delight 1/8 satin ribbon.  The bow is adhered to a flower from the Boho Flowers punch and then the panel.


The inside is an image from Elements of Style that I colored with my SU markers (Daffodil Delight, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Certainly Celery, and Pear Pizzazz).  I stamped it on a Top Note die cut.


Before I send this I'll add another white panel on the empty black part so I can write my message. 

So now let's head on over to the teapot gallery this week and see what's cooking in black and white.

1 comment:

  1. I knew that I could look forward to seeing a lovely card here this morning. I've been in bed for a couple of days, but hope to come up with something this morning. It's funny that most people (of the ones I saw yesterday) who chose to add colour chose yellow. It certainly looks gorgeous, and you still captured the elegance of the teapot too.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.