Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 115

Whew - can you believe we've been to 115 tea parties?  Wow!  And each one of the so much fun.  Really - I do enjoy doing these challenges.

This week we're a little timely with the holiday coming up - Halloween.  As usual, our hostess Cindy has a wonderful story to go along with this teapot............



My ghost is made from an oak leaf from the Leaves #2 Die on the Big Shot.  I just trimmed the end near the stem to make the head of the ghost.  I used a dauber to highlight the edges of the ghost and drew on his face.  There are actually two layers between which I added the string - or spider silk - to attach the ghost to the embossed spider web.  He is definitely movable.  

I used my brayer to ink up my embossing folder with Bashful Blue and Orchid Opulence ink before I ran it through the Big Shot. 

The bats are from Fang-tastic and popped up and the pumpkin uses the new oval punch.  The sentiment was stamped in Concord Crush, punched out with the word window punch and highlighted with Pumpkin Pie.

I bought these little sparkly spiders this summer and was just waiting to use them - thank goodness for this challenge!!!

Our Destination Station this week is a little boy named Jacob.  Jacob just had his tonsils out and unfortunately they also found some cancer so he won't be trick-or-treating this year, but he'll be showered with some wonderful handmade cards.

Speaking of which, don't forget to check out the gallery.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you used the blues and purples for your spider web folder.. That really gives it an interesting and neat look. This will be loved by the recipient.. I just love that Cindy does all this..Great job..

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.