Saturday, October 2, 2010

October - Saving the Hooters!

I was checking some blogs out a couple of nights ago and came across this post by Kris Kilkenny.  She inspired me to make my own Hooters for some of my friends who were going with me to a Longaberger Basket/Vera Bradley bingo.  It's October and Breast Cancer Awareness month, thus the message to "Save the Hooters!" 


The Pretty in Pink container is the milk carton die and it's holding two milk chocolate truffles.  The Melon Mambo roof is the smallest scallop from the Scallop Square Duo die.  The owls are punched as well as the leaves, flower, and sentiment tag.  I hand wrote my message and added a stick on pearl to the center of the flower.  I gave the owls wiggly eyes.  I punched a hole in the top of the roof with my crop-a-dile and added the pink taffeta bow.  And the last touch was to add some Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons to the owls vests.


Thanks for the inspiration Kris and I hope anyone reading this is inspired to "Save the Hooters" this month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh these are adorable.. They are going to love them.. What a fun party.. Vera and Longaberger.. I want to come..

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.