Monday, October 11, 2010

Hope You Can Cling To - Dabble With Scrabble

We were away yesterday so I didn't get to play along on the day of the challenge, but I knew I had to when I saw it.  Our Teapot Queen, aka Mothermark, aka Cindy Motherway, was the hostess for the Dabble With Scrabble Challenge in the ongoing month of challenges in honor of Breast Cancer awareness. 

The rules - yes there are some - were simple:  Make a square card.  Make it Pink.  And give it a minimum of 4 other squares in the design/layout.  Oh yes, and since the challenge is about Scrabble - include a word if you want to.

I had something different pictured in my head, and though it didn't work out, I'm pretty satisfied with this.

I started by stamping the Medallion image in VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then I used a combination of VersaMark and Pear Pizzazz to stamp the leaves from Just Believe.  Again I embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then I took some sponges and using circular motion, rubbed on some Rose Red and Regal Rose Ink in the background.

The letters were stamped on 1" squares using my Lovely Letters Alphabet.  You'll see in the picture below that I used my Pear Pizzazz marker to highlight the leaf motif on the letter.  Then I daubered Rose Red on the edges of each tile. 

I used the Scallop Trim Border punch on the white piece and added a strip of Stitched Poly ribbon in Pear Pizzazz.  The letter tiles are popped up with dimensionals over the ribbon.  The flower is a combination of the Itty Bitty Shapes punch and the Boho Blossom punch.  The flower center is one of the new Jewels Basic Rhinestones.


This card was made with all Stampin' Up products.  Let's go see what everyone else did - click here.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the sponging you did here. This was a fun challenge. I loved the scrabble part.. Great card..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should think you'd be pretty happy with this even if it wasn't what you had planned. I especially like the idea of all of the greenery growing out of the HOPE message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I love your design and your colors!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.