Monday, September 27, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 113

Yikes, something changed on Blogger and I'm having such problems posting these pictures tonight.  Let's see if I can get through it.  

This is our teapot for this week's challenge and it has a wonderful story to go with it, but more to the point, the destination station this week is to honor those people that are caregivers to Alzheimers patients.   Be it professional or lay people, the amount of dedication that it takes to give the needed attention to those afflicted with this disease is daunting.  Certainly they deserve a word of encouragement and much needed thanks for the job that they are doing. 


In conjunction with this Teapot Challenge, there is a card drive hosted by Carolyn King (aka Cammie) on her blog in honor of her grandmother who had this disease and passed away not all that long ago.  Please visit her blog and you will see the wonderful giveaway that she is having and all the wonderful companies and stampers who have contributed to it.  You can also enter the giveaway yourself just by following the rules in her post.

My card also uses the sketch in the CAS challenge this week.  I used the hostess set Fast and Fabulous and stamped the flower in Basic Gray on Whisper White cs.  I then took my aquapainter and my ink pad and quickly swiped the Rose Red ink onto the flower image since Whisper White doesn't take to water too well.  It's not going to matter if there are noticeable lines in the coloring because when the ink dried I ran the image through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I think this makes the image look like it's part of a needlepoint.  To add even a little more interest, I snipped some So Saffron cs up to use for filler for the flower center.


I backed my flower image with a scalloped square of Old Olive that I got from the Big Scallop Square Duo die.  I had to make the large scallop one scallop smaller on two sides to get my frame right.  The top of the card was polka-dotted with Rose Red ink and a dauber using a stencil I made by punching the 3/8" circle punch into a small piece of scrap cs.  The bottom piece of Marina Mist has polka-dots of Whisper White punched circles glued to it.  I added the Rose Red stitched wide grosgrain ribbon (retired) with a strip of White taffeta over it and made my bow out of white organza with a button in the middle tied on with white cotton string.  With the exception of the cotton string, this card uses all SU product.


So who will get this card?  I am debating whether to send it to one of the destinations that Cindy or Cammie have posted or someone that I work with who has a family member that has been affected by Alzheimer's. 

I know there are cardmakers out there who visit, but even if you aren't a cardmaker, perhaps you would like to perform a little Random Act of Kindness for someone this week and send a message of thanks or encouragement to someone who could use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.