Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lighthouse Thank You


I searched and searched and finally found a source for stamps of some of the lighthouses in New Jersey.  This is affectionately known as Old Barney and can be found in Barnegat Light on Long Beach Island.  We have been there many times and I've posted many pictures of the actual lighthouse.  This lighthouse is visible across the bay from where we stay in Barnegat.  I know, it's a bit confusing.  Barnegat is on the mainland and Barnegat Light is on the island. 

Anyway, this is a thank you card for some of our friends who did something especially nice for us.  The shells were stamped in Marina Mist on Marina Mist cardstock.  The lighthouse was watercolored with Ruby Red and Going Grey Ink, with some sponged Marina Mist water and Bashful Blue Sky.  I've used my MS sand dollar/starfish punch as the accent in Sahara Sand.

I got a couple of the other lighthouse stamps (Hereford Inlet, Tuckerton, and the Twin Towers of Atlantic Highlands) and I just might have to add to my collection.  The Lighthouse Challenge is coming up in October and we are hoping to take part again.  It's a wonderful way to spend a fall weekend.

Oh, by the way, the place where I got the stamp - Another Stamp Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.