Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Clean and Simple Challenge 79 and a Special Lunch

I've been anxious to do some challenges lately and time has just not presented itself until today.  I checked out the CAS challenge on SCS and the theme was "Garden".  Well, I have plenty of stamps that could represent my garden, but I decided to use the stamp that I won on Judi Rose's blog - the PTI 3rd Anniversay Set.  Judi is one of those wonderfully creative stampers that I really find inspiring.  You should go visit her and see what I'm talking about. 


This is a really cute set that has many possibilities.  I chose to use the stamp that I thought looked like sunflowers.  It was stamped in Wild Wasabi on Whisper White.  I then stamped the image again in Summer Sun and Close to Cocoa and cut out the flowers and their centers.  They were popped up to give it some dimension.  The butterfly was stamped both directly on the card base and once again on a scrap and cut out.  I bent up the wings and added some antennae.  The last touch is the ribbon which is inserted under slits I made on either side of the main image.  It's attached at the spine by a Chocolate Chip brad.  Ooops, and then I stamped the sentiment in Close to Cocoa.  The clear stamps made it very easy to line that up.


It was great to get back to some creating.  I think my trip with a couple of friends to "Pumpernick's Deli" today helped bring back some of my mojo which has been dormant for a while.  Wanna see what I had?


This is called a Rachel - one of their famous sandwiches.  It's the sister of a Reuben, the difference being it has coleslaw instead of sauerkraut on it.  I chose to have mine open-faced and with turkey.  And yes, I ate the whole thing!  All this and a pickle bar too!  It was a delicious lunch with great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.