Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 104

So here I am, back with another Teapot card.   Two in one week, well, make that three because this week the challenge was to make two quick cards with a special destination in mind.  Here is our inspiration and you'll have to click here to read the story that goes with it.


Our cards are going to a children's hospital burn center in Ohio and will be distributed to children who are recovering from burns.  Here are my bright and happy cow cards - hoping to make someone smile.....


I took the two cow stamps that I have and stamped them on the lower border of the card.  Then I colored over them with a VersaMark marker and clear embossed them.  I masked the circle in the corner for the sun - used a dauber with Summer Sun ink there.  Then covered the sun and got out a Spectrum ink pad I haven't used in ages.  Reinked it and added the rainbow background.  Took a piece of tissue and wiped the ink off the embossed cows and lastly added the word SMILE as the sun's rays.

I learned two things the hard way yesterday evening.  One - if you're not going to wear gloves when you're doing a quick weeding in the garden, make sure you at least have your glasses on so you can tell a weed from an errant wild berry vine with thorns.  OUCH!   And second - turn the fan off when you are applying embossing powder unless you want it all over your work surface!

Okay - off to the gallery.  Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.