Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kirkside Garage Sale

I know this blog has been really slow lately.  I've been trying to catch up on some organizing chores and gardening here and on top of that got a little side-lined with a minor injury.  It also has been a very bad end of the school year and I'll do a separate post about that.  But in the meantime, I wanted to share what I found at the semi-annual Kirkside Garage sale a couple of weekends ago.  

Here is the whole kit and kaboodle minus one 12 x 12 Canson scrapbook brand new in the package.  All totalled, I spent $6.50.  (The plants were not new purchases.)


There were two pilsners with etched sailboats on them which have a special destination in mind at 50 cents for the pair.


A stack of 10 plates for $2 to use - don't think I'm crazy - in my garden border.


A large round glass jar for $1 and the hand crocheted pansy doily displayed on the jar which I absolutely could not resist for $1.  I know how much work went into that doily and it was a steal for that amount. It may be a little faded but it's a beauty to me. 


And speaking of steals - two hand embroidered tea towels were marked 50 cents for the pair.  Someone put a lot of work into these.
 

The scrapbook was $1 and the two cooling racks were 25 cents a piece.  I don't recall every seeing racks in the smaller sizes and thought they would be nice to have around the holidays. 

I always give them the extra change plus a little more when they ring me up because it's a fund raiser and not just a family doing it.  What annoyed me though was that it was supposed to start at 9 and HWNSNBP and I pulled up at about two minutes to 9 and people were already walking away with boxes of things.  I guess I'll have to try to remember that come October when they have their fall sale.

So, anyone out there found any garage sale treasures this spring?  I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. I've never even been to a car boot sale, and not to a jumble one since I left school!
    Lovely finds. We used to have cooling racks like those round ones -I am guessing they might have been about 10" across. Love that crochet doily, faded or not it's beautiful. And I like those tall glasses with the etched boats.
    So, you sink the plates to make an edging? Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine you did make out!! WOW! We used to love to go to yard sales but here it has been so hot! Of course, you can get up and go very early...which aggravates me as well...they should always start when they say they will!! I too would love to see what you do with those plates!! Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.