Monday, June 28, 2010

Dead Tree Lake - On the Way Back


So, on that same trip two weeks ago coming home, again we tried a different route and came upon this lake.  I don't know the name of it (I think it is Lake Bamberg, but I'm not sure) but as we passed it, HWNSNBP agreed that it would make a great picture and turned the car around so I could take the pictures.  (You should click on the pics to make them larger.) 

Found out that when you sit with the camera in an air-conditioned car, you should probably keep the lens cap on until you get out of the car.  The lens fogged up and I almost got no pictures.  And I had to get that guy in the red canoe in there - he wasn't moving very fast!

1 comment:

  1. Ha - I have that problem with lenses when we go into the glasshouses in the Botanic Gardens. I think time is the only thing to let them defog again!
    Those photos are amazing. Do you know why the trees are dead? These remind me of some photos in Yann Arthus Bertrand's Earth from the Air. I'm glad you got the canoe in - amazing how much what a tiny spot of red adds. But I think I like the top one best for the contrast between the desolation of the dead trees and the green living ones.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.