Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally Finished

I started this project a couple of weeks ago.  Had I not misplaced the back of the frame it would have been done sooner, but I've been driving myself nuts trying to figure out what I did with it. I finally found it yesterday.  It had slipped between some notebooks I had in a container near my work table. 

This started with a frame I picked up at $Tree.  The frame was a dark, unappealing color so I decided to lighten it up by giving it a couple of coats of acrylic paint.  I used Delta Ceramcoat Light Ivory - 2 coats - and then stippled on some Ivory with my paintbrush.  Then I took my Very Vintage SU Wheel and two inks - Creamy Caramel and Old Olive - and added the patterning.  The herb images were stamped on Confetti White cs and I used my SU markers to color them.  No watercoloring this time, just straight to paper, using a darker marker and simple lines to add the shading. 

The finishing touch was the Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon in the corner tied with some OO taffeta and a silver watering can charm. 

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lorraine!!! A perfect swap for another time!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Lorraine! How perfect for a pick-me up gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, both the herb pictures and even more the frame. Using two colours with the wheel has given such a lovely look to it, with the ribbons and charm as a lovely accent. Perfect for a gardener or a cook.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.