Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dream Night

This past Tuesday I attended a SU event at the Short Hills Hilton hosted by Dawn Rapsas one of SU's demonstrators who earned a Workshop of a Lifetime with Shelli Gardner.  Dream Night was an opportunity for demos as well as customers to come together, swap, do make and takes, swap, eat dessert, speak with Shelli, eat dessert, speak with Dawn, do make and takes, and generally have a great time. 

Take a look at this cake....... 


This cake was made out of fabric and paper.  The fabric rolls you see unrolled into a lovely little bag.  The butterflies were beautiful embellishments for the cake made from card stock, vellum and glitter.  


Isn't it totally cool?  Some of us got Shelli to autograph it on the bottom!  It is made using the Scallop Square die in the Big Shot.  It even has pockets on each end.  Both Shelli and Dawn had pajamas made from the very same fabric.  (We were supposed to wear pajamas if we wanted to.) 

Speaking of cake - I didn't do any card swaps, but I did participate in an Anything But a Card Swap among the 8 people we had in our group.  I chose to make my Zero Calorie Cake and  a little box to put it in. 
  

I was really pleased with the way these came out although they took longer than expected.  You just can't create by the clock all the time!  

Over the next couple of days I'll be sharing more pictures from Dream Night with you. You'll also get to see the swaps that I received.   These ladies are really talented and we really had a great time together. 

6 comments:

  1. Those cakes and cake-boxes look darling. That's a lot of cutting! I'm not surprised it took a lot of time to make them all.
    And the pink bag *cake* - that's pretty impressive looking - dinky little bags. Sounds like a fun night - but getting home at one a.m. on a weekday night - it would take me a few days to recover from that :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes are more scrumptious in real life. I adore this gift from you - thanks tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, love the fabric cake. What a cute idea. I love your little cakes and their boxes. I agree with Sabrina that the late night would kill me. Anything later than 10 and I'm wiped out the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sound like a Very Fun evening. Love you cakes...any tea?☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heavens.. I LOVE those bags. They are awesome.. I love Dawn too. That must have been so fun.. I can't wait to see what else you have to show...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Just what I needed to see at this stage in my non-stamping life. That was made out of cloth??? QUESTION: Would my dies hold up for very long if I used them on fabric?????

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.