Monday, March 8, 2010

Abundant Hope


It was a gorgeous day today.  The daffodils are finding their way up towards the sun.  If we keep up the warmth, we might have some blooming in a couple of weeks. 

I used the daffodil stamp from Abundant Hope and stamped it in Basic Gray on Confetti Cream cs.  It was colored with SU markers and blender pen. 

The Garden Green lattice work framing the flower is a Big Shot die altered to get that shape.  I glued it onto the Certainly Celery panel and then used my craft knife to cut out the center.  The green panel is popped up over the flower.  The bow looks white in the photo but it is Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon. 

Unfortunately this will be a sympathy card but I might make another one to have for a happier occasion.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful, Lorraine! I love your idea to cut out the center of the die to frame your pretty daffodils! Spring is coming, right???

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, that's a reminder, a bit too late, that I meant to make some daffodil cards for a Cancer Society fund-raiser. I really like the frame around it - the lattice gives a good garden feel that works so well with the daffodils.
    It's been a glorious day here too, I've actually got wash dry on the line. And one little pig flew in today - thank you so much. It made my day today, and will bring a smile to my face often as the card is under my PC screen.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.