Friday, December 25, 2009

The Christmas Tart



My very dear husband (HWNSNBP - He Whose Name Shall Not Be Published) is a real sweetheart.  He runs around doing many errands for me preparing for the holidays.  It seems we're always one stick of butter short for the chocolate chip cookies, there's no milk for company coffee, or my Christmas cards need extra postage (or need to be mailed abroad).  Sometimes this all happens on the same day!  Whatever the reason he is constantly on the go.  Our friends will know that this is not unusual for him, but it really comes in handy this time of the year.  If you asked him I'm sure he would joke that I plan things this way so that he can be out of the house.  Not really.  I'm just very scattered in December.  Okay, maybe I did have an extra pound of butter in the freezer.

In his journeys he manages to get his Christmas shopping done and come up with a little surprise for me.  He used to get me a Linzer Tart from the bakery when he picked up the loaf of rye bread, but then they changed their recipe.  So this Christmas I got a tart of another kind.  This wonderful fruit custard tart from Wegman's.  Doesn't it look scrumptious?  It's for me to have "when I sit down on Christmas night with a cup of tea and do my blog".  

Yep, he's definitely a keeper.

We've got a lot planned for the next 9 days, including a trip to NYC to see "A Little Night Music" and we are hosting New Year's Eve this year.  Tomorrow, though I usually don't go shopping the day after Christmas, I saw something at Crate and Barrel that I'm hoping will be marked down, Rachel wants to get some new shoes, and we usually wait until after Christmas to buy our calendars as they are usually half price.

Now I'm going to hide all the chocolate and cookies because I've indulged enough.  Back to this yummy tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.