Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another Teapot Card

I don't know what possessed me, I'm exhausted, but I can't get to sleep. So instead, I did this.

There's no stamping on this card. Just a lot of punches and dies. And one huge bee. But doesn't she have a friendly face?

The bee is made from oval and round punches. I punched a yellow oval the same size as the black and then cut the stripes from that. After they were glued on I trimmed it to the body shape leaving the slightest hint of a stinger. It was much easier that way.

The head is a 1" round punch of Creamy Caramel and a slice of black. The wings are vellum ovals that I used some glitter pen on.

I added the clouds to the white background by using a sponge dauber and a scallop punch.

There's some doodling around the inside of the oval frame and the center of the daisy is a white pompom.

So, which is your favorite this one or the first?

6 comments:

  1. My goodness you have been busy, I know I am going to fall off to when school starts.
    I cant seem to choose which Bee card, so I love Both.
    It kinda funny you already made a bee card before this challenge, so I love that on too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Goodness you have been a busy bee...get it! HA
    I cant choose...I love both.
    And especially the one further down, before this challenge, so I love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both Lorraine. I really liked how you used a picture of a bee for the first one. The second one is really cute. Two different ideas from one basic one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little bee makes me smile! What a precious little thing....when you look at a bee like this one, and see all the different ones flying in to Mississippi, its sorta skeery to think what might happen!

    Maybe you were all keyed up from partying at the Beehive and couldn't sleep....I do that when I have been to a beehive!!!

    Off to see your other one close up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable bee, just Beeeeeeautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.