Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 52

It's been 52 weeks of teapots. I've missed a couple, but if I hadn't, I'd have a full deck of cards! This gorgeous teapot came straight from England to our hostess. This being her Teapot Anniversary, Cindy decided to use this wonderful teapot as our inspiration this week. In her story, she tells us that we've been invited to have tea with the queen this week. Please do go check out her story and her fabulous castle card on her glob. You just can't miss this one!

I started reading the comments on some of the cards in the Teapot Tuesday 52 Gallery on Splitcoast and there are some stories flying around this week that are so funny and so clever. Not only do these ladies come up with their beautiful creations each week, they laugh and cajole one another. And one of them even made a special 3-D teapot with all our pictures in it for Cindy's anniversary. So cool!

This has been so much fun participating this last year in these challenges. Thanks Cindy for inspiring us all.

So for my contribution this week, and in honor of our tea with the queen, I made a crown (that also is a box) for our fearless leader. I vaguely remembered seeing this box over a year ago in the Splitcoast gallery and after I did a little searching I found it and was pointed in the right direction for the template. This is a creation of Jan Tinklenberg and you can find the template and directions on her blog (look in the left column under My Templates and Queen for A Day Box).
I used Glossy White cardstock for my crown to resemble the white porcelain of the teapot. The top of the crown is a piece of pattern DSP from the pattern pack. The very top of the crown is a clear bead from the Pretties kit held in place with a clear seed bead and some wire. The "flower" jewels are stick-ons that I found in the $ bin a Mike's a while ago.

So, what do you think I should put in this Queen for A Day Box?
Psssst - don't forget to go over to Cindy's glob and wish her a Happy Teapot Anniversary!!!

4 comments:

  1. shirley henry6/24/2009 8:09 AM

    This crown is so CUTE!!! LOVE it!
    I think you should put scones or mini cupcakes in it for our `high tea` with the queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, sorry, I could not think of anything more to say! Hee, not really!

    Lorraine...this is the most incredible thing! I simply am stunned at this beautiful work of art! What an amazingly creative piece! And how wonderful that it worked so well with this teapot challenge.

    I love what you create week after week after week! It is so fun anticipating what you will come up with and then its even more fun seeing it!

    Thank you so much for being around, for having fun with all of us! You have been such a regular tea partier! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and seeing you on a weekly basis!

    You just rock! I love the jewels on your crown...its just like the Queen's! I know it must be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! What a way to pay homage to the queen of teapots - and thanks for the link to the template!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.